No Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Oat Bars
Pumpkin season is here! Try this simple and delicious No
Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Oat Bars for a healthy snack or
convenient on-the-go breakfast this fall season!
Pumpkin Lovers Unite!
Yes, pumpkin season is here! If you are craving those Pumpkin Spice Lattes (simply known as PSL) try a healthier pumpkin treat with less added sugar this season. These No Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Oat Bars use a small amount of maple syrup as a sweetener and pumpkin puree as a healthy substitute for oil or butter. Pumpkin naturally provides excellent sources of both Vitamin A and Vitamin C. These two nutrients are star players in disease prevention and fighting free radicals (the bad guys in oxidative stress). To get the right amount in your diet, aim for 75-90 milligrams per day (RDA value) of Vitamin C and 700-900 micrograms a day for Vitamin A. To get more of this nutritious fruit, add pumpkin to your next pasta sauce, stir fry, and roasted vegetable medley!
Pumpkin Oat Bars recipe
Making these fall-flavored oat bars could not be easier! Another reason why I love them, ha! I used the same base of ingredients from my other No-Bake bars and simply added pumpkin spice and canned pumpkin to make this a perfect treat for the autumn season. Pulsing the oats prior to mixing makes a nice oat flour giving the bars a smoother consistency. If you prefer a chewier and grainy consistency, avoid the mixer altogether and just stir in the oats whole with the remaining ingredients.
These bars can be chilled for at least one hour in the freezer or three hours in the refrigerator. The bars will last up to three days in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 cups whole oats (Gluten Free certified if Gluten sensitive)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup unsalted almond butter (or other nut or seed butter of your choice)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the oats to a fine blend. Transfer the oats to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and stir well to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Cover with parchment paper on top and smooth the top.
- Chill for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator or one hour in the freezer.
- Once firm enough, cut into bars and serve.